Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Friday, January 13, 2017

Reminder: #TBRChallenge for January 2017


For those of you participating in the 2017 TBR Challenge, this is a reminder that your commentary is "due" on Wednesday, January 18.  This month's theme is We Love Short Shorts! (category romance, short stories, novella etc.)

The traditional theme for January, it's my way of easing us into the Challenge and to allow newcomers (welcome!) a chance to get their feet wet.  A long neglected Harlequin, that novella you downloaded for free to your Kindle, an anthology of short stories - think short!  But what if you abhor short reads?  Hey, no problem!  Remember: the themes are optional!  If you don't want to read something short, you don't have to.  The whole point of the TBR Challenge is to read something, anything, that has been languishing for far too long.

You can find more information about the challenge, and see the list of participants, on the 2017 Information Page.  (And it's not too late to sign-up!)

5 comments:

Rowena said...

I'm going to be ready for my very first entry. I'm excited, thanks for the reminder!

Wendy said...

Rowena: I try to post a reminder on the Friday before the "due date." Then it gives folks the weekend to dig something out and get it read.

Jill said...

Man,for this challenge I had a DNF and then my second attempt was a STTE (skim to the end 😉) but this is definitely helping cut Doreen on the TBR pile. It's also reminding me of why I need to take a break from book buying. Way too many impulse buys. . .

Jill said...

Down, not Doreen!

Wendy said...

Jill: I need to be more ruthless with DNF'ing for the Challenge - although this month I got lucky. The Harlequin I dug out for January was one I read straight through on a lazy Sunday afternoon :)